The Center for Language and Cognition Groningen is pleased to announce the 38th TABU Dag, which will take place at the University of Groningen on 22 & 23 June 2017. TABU Dag is an annual international broad linguistics conference which offers excellent opportunities to meet other linguists and discuss current research. Graduate students and (post)doctoral researchers in particular are encouraged to present their work.
Note: The Graduate School for the Humanities will pay the registration fee (not including conference dinner) for PhD students from the CLCG department.
The keynote speakers of this year’s edition are
- Risto Näätänen, Academy Professor em. of the Academy of Finland, Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience of the University of Tartu, and Visiting professor of the University of Aarhus
- Bart Geurts, Professor philosophy of language and logic, Radboud University Nijmegen
- Mark Dingemanse from the Max Planck Institute of Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen will give an invited presentation on Open Access publishing
- Further keynotes to be announcedWe invite abstracts (in English) in any field of linguistics including, but not limited to: syntax and semantics, phonetics and phonology, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, developmental linguistics, language acquisition, speech production, discourse and communication, computational linguistics, and neurolinguistics. Abstracts should not be longer than 300 words excluding title, keywords and references. They should be submitted via the following link: http://www.let.rug.nl/ta
This edition of TABU Dag will be characterized by a highly interactive format. All presentations will be plenary and – except for the keynote presentations – consist of short oral flash presentations followed by a poster presentation. In each round of about 20 poster presentations, there will be two poster prizes awarded. The first prize will be at least EUR 200, while the second prize will be at least EUR 50. The registration fee for the whole conference will be around EUR 35. This includes refreshments during the coffee breaks, two lunches, and closing drinks on both days. As a special feature, for a separate fee, there will also be a conference dinner and party including live music.
To summarize, every presenter, once accepted, will need to prepare:
Important dates and information
- The deadline for abstract submission is March 31st, 2017
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent before May 1st.
- Registration will be possible from mid-April
- The official language of the conference is English.
- Abstracts should be submitted via the following link: http://www.tabudag.nl/abstract
- For further information, please visit the conference website: www.tabudag.nl
- Conference location: Groningen, The Netherlands
- Contact information: email@example.com